Monday, October 25, 2010

Well, What Do You Know?

I will be taking a break from my series for today. Remember my old post about the one-to-one laptop initiative in Lisbon Public School? Well, after reading Lisbon's school paper, The Lion's Roar, I can see some students share my criticism. One student, Cameron Sizer, wrote an article with things in it such as how the computers could cause one to actually to do worse in a class; because apparently they are prone to random crashes causing the computer to shut down, destroying unsaved work. Another student, Taylor Sprosten, discussed how the students were often getting on other sites such as Youtube, Skype, and Facebook.; often when they weren't supposed to. Of course, the students still like the laptops, and believe they are positives out way the negatives. Perhaps they are right. I don't know. What I do know is that the whole project was over hyped, and didn't meet everyone expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment