Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Purpose of Blog

So I'm re-evaluating what I should use this blog for. Should it be more of my thoughts, opinions, helpful posts, or just more about me? Looking back, a lot of what I wrote was pretty lame. I'm kind of like a armchair quarterback; I know a bad play (or piece of writing) when I see one, but I don't know how to improve. It's mostly my age. I have seen vast improvements of how I was writing a year ago though. One example would be how I recently saw an article in a school's newsletter or something. The student who wrote it, despite being in highschool, didn't know proper punctuation or spelling. But, after criticizing it, I looked at something I had wrote a year ago. Mine wasn't any better, and here I was making fun of someone else for not being able to do something that I couldn't do a year ago! As I got older, if my sister is anything to guide by, I will be able to actually write effectively. But, until then, you will have to settle for how I am right now. It's a learning process, but hopefully at some point I will be able to put things that are clear in my head onto a piece of paper (or in this case, a blog). In the meantime I will be experimenting on what works best on this blog, so please forgive me ahead of time for posts that are pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment