Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas In Canada

So I'm here in Canada, for a Christmas at my Grandma's house with relatives. The trip was nice, and we got here in the early afternoon. I love to come here for the holidays, but there is one little problem. The computer I am using right now runs along at a steady 50kps with a dialup connection. The computer still runs Windows XP. And the browser I'm using? An old version of Internet Explorer. I doubt it has been updated for a very long time. So I'm trying to write a blogpost without spellcheck. Awesome. I was locked out of Facebook after not answering the questions correctly, but I'll try again in half an hour. Hopefully it will work, but there is no guarantee there. Actually, there is a very real possibilty that I won't be able to get back on a computer while I'm here. Sure, the seperation will be hard at first, but I'll get used to it eventually.

But here's the deal: I know exactly what is going to happen. By the morning I'll have completely forgot the internet and I'll be completely adjusted to the style here. This is the only time a year I'm able to see my relatives and it is indeed precious. And then there's the whole deal of being in a different, yet more civilized country. Everything from the difference in accents to the snow on the ground: it's clear that I'm not in Iowa anymore (yeah, I know, I'm a genius). Honestly, it's really nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment