Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

It's a idiotic culture where people use fear for entertainment. Now some people might not like me questioning the intelligence of anyone who has went into a haunted house, but I believe it is true, none the less. Horror films, Haunted houses, Halloween, all of those things are dumb. Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against dressing up and receiving candy on the 31st of October. What I don't like is the fact that around Halloween time everyone seems to embrace everything scary and frightening.

Why does our culture like fear so much? Maybe it's pride. If you watch a horror film and you don't get scared than just maybe your really someone. Possibly it has to do with the adrenaline rush you get when your scared out of your socks. I don't know for sure, I just think it's stupid.

Despite the fact I don't have anything against getting candy, I have never went trick or treating. I think it is because my family didn't want to become attached to a holiday centered on fear, and I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment