Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Post To The Stereotypical Teenager

Hi you. Yes, you.That stereotypical teenager slouching in his chair while texting on his phone. Using poor grammar, of course. I would like to talk to you, if possible. I know you have a short attention span and a bad attitude, so I'll try to make this quick. First off, I don't even know if you exist. I don't know anyone exactly like you. A lot of people I know regularly text, several have bad grammar, a few have short attention spans, and even though I don't know any personally with a bad attitude, I'm sure they are out there. I just don't know if anyone has all of them put together anymore. Is the stereotypical teenager simply a thing of the movies now? I sure do hope so.

If you haven't noticed, I'm anything but stereotypical. If anything, I have devoted my life so much to not being stereotypical, I have made my own stereotype. I really dislike stereotypical things. Which means, eventually, I might hate myself for hating myself.

Anyway, back to you. You possibly nonexistent being. I don't like how either you don't look at the future at all, assuming that your decisions now will not effect you when you get older, or you look to the future so much that you totally disconnect with the now.

Wow, I just had a conversation with my imagination. And that wasn't even the worst part of this post. I know Emily will have a hay-day when she comments on this one...

1 comment:

  1. These people do exist, they're just more common in some social circles than others. Also, by "making your own stereotype", by definition you are being stereotypical. Also, if I didn't know you better, after reading that paragraph I probably would have called you a hipster. But you definitely aren't a hipster, so at least we don't have that to worry about. Just don't grow an ironic mustache and everything'll be fine.
    I do agree with the part about how a lot of young people don't look at how their choices will affect their future. Part of this has to do with the fact that their frontal lobe, an integral part in decision-making processes, has not yet become fully formed. Also, teenagers are stupid.
    That said, I'm going to go watch Pokemon now. Black & White is happiness, yes?
    P.S. You used the wrong form of affect.

    ReplyDelete