Monday, August 8, 2011

All The Time In The World

Remember the Humble Indie Bundle I talked about awhile back? Well I have actually refrained from buying it yet. And they've been adding even MORE indie games to it. So not counting the ones I already have, I would be getting seven new games. It ends tomorrow, so I should probably get on that. Why haven't I bought yet? I didn't want it to suck my time. As I'm sure you know, I've been on the computer an outrageous amount of time the last few weeks of this summer. I seriously haven't exercised or taken care of my personal hygiene for quite some time. Video editing, watching tutorials for video editing, watching amateur films to get a feel for video editing, 3d animation, surfing the internet, blogging, watching anime, the list goes on. But the most important thing I should be doing is writing for Camp NaNoWriMo. And of course, I am way behind schedule. So what would happen if I throw seven new games into that mix? I can tell you, the result most likely won't be pretty. But with all this free time I have it should be easy for me to allot a few hours for writing and then just goof off for the rest of the day. I guess because it is so early in the competition I have yet to feel the full terror of a deadline approaching.

I really need to gain more time management skills. One would think that it would merely be exercising discipline. But lo and behold, the minutes whiz by before I can even see them. You know the phrase "time flies when you are having fun"? My entire day is filled with constant "fun" entertainment, so it goes by really quickly.

The good news? The video editing is going swimmingly. Explosions of an epic magnitude, dust clouds, bullet holes, they are all there. But although I'm having fun with it, I know that I need to replace some of that with writing. Maybe I will force myself to do minimal special effects tomorrow? What a dreadful though....

No comments:

Post a Comment