Friday, August 5, 2011

Garage Sales


Tomorrow I will be off at the local garage sales in my fair town. I have always enjoyed garage sales, despite never actually having one. But going to them, that's fun. Walking/driving around town, trying to find which of the sales are the best. Being a guy, I'm not particularly into "shopping", but garage sales are different. Their vary nature means that at any instant a wave on nostalgia will overcome me. Some old toy, game, or video, and BAM, instant memories. Truthfully, I can't help myself when looking through the newspaper with adds for garage sales. When I see the word "toy", I instantly zero in on that sale. Which is odd, because I rarely play with toys anymore. Still, it is a hot topic word when it comes to sales for me, I can't help but want to see what games and what toys. Still, I hardly ever buy anything. The memories are more than enough to give me satisfaction.

You know when you look over a post it seems to have a different feel than what you imagined while writing it? That happened with this post. In every day life, it is rare for me to buy things. Mostly because I hardly ever leave the house. But this post seems to portray me as if I really get into the "spirit" of shopping. Which I don't. It's garage sale specific.....

No comments:

Post a Comment