Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writing Trash

I'm writing my story, and I've come to a point where I don't know what to do. So I need to write SOMETHING, quickly. I'm tempted to just wrote absolute trash with an extremely low amount of work put into it. Meaningless stuff, just to put the word count up. Filler where filler has never gone before. This competition is about quantity above quality, right? But for some reason, I can't forsake what I have done so far. Already the quality isn't very good, just doing so much of it every single day. But I know that other people will be reading this story, and even though I will preface it a thousand times that this is an experiment and the writing won't be very good, I can't just become a machine. My writing isn't very good to begin with, I can't make it worse. So will I be doomed to make every section reasonable to read? I guess. I would hate to waste time if it really was just misspelled word after misspelled word, run on sentences, and prolific use of commas (oh wait, I do that anyway).

I ran into the same problem with blogging. Some of my posts aren't very good, that is obvious. But I've tried to keep a standard, always have so much amount of content and make it worth reading. Remember back in June when I was writing seven posts on the weekends EVERY weekend? Well on the very last weekends that I had to do that, I only wrote five posts, thus I got behind in the competition two more posts. I only had a few minutes, and I could think of literally NOTHING to write about. So I conceded those two posts. Sure, I could have written short little things about junk, but I didn't. I don't want to waste the time of those reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment