Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Adventures of a Dumb Handwriting Instrument

Note: In the rules of the "one post a day challenge" that myself and Abby are having, it is stated that if someone knows ahead of time that they won't get on the internets for a day, they can write two posts the day. I'm not going to be on tomorrow, so in accordance with the rules I am doing two posts today.

So, I decided that I wanted to write a short story for this post. A problem is that I was afraid that the post would basically just be a clone of short story that someone else had written (specifically, two short stories that Abby wrote for her blog that I really enjoyed: "The Land Of The Lost Socks" and "The Purple Unicorn"). I was also worried about length. I didn't want to do a story with humans in it, because I don't think I would have time to develop the personalities of the characters. Therefor, I decided on something a little shorter. I hope you enjoy it!

Just yesterday, a pen named Bill went on a walk. Bill was a fancy pencil, with an alabaster coloured core, and gold trim. Bill found himself in front of a sign, and a deep, deep hole. The sign read "Bottomless Pit. Signing of waver required before jumping in". Bill, of course, as any responsible ballpoint would, filled out the insurance form and leapt into the hole. He fell, and fell, and fell. Eventually, after a few days of constant descent. He died. The person who made the hole, of course, was not liable because of the waiver he had signed.

The End

Didn't think it would be THAT short, did you? :P

2 comments:

  1. I like it! And I like the reference to my blog, any publicity is pod publicity right? :)

    Side note: You started a bracket (like this one, but then you never closed it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually don't forget to close them, but I guess this one slipped me by. You should write another story. As I've said in the past, I REALLY like the ones you've written before :D

    ReplyDelete