Monday, April 18, 2011

Mock Trial (Again)

I noticed that even though I mentioned the State competition, I never posted again to say how it went. Now most of you don't care, but that doesn't really matter. I don't know why I'm posting now, after State has been done for several weeks, but you probably deserve to know what happened.

First of all, we didn't do well or anything. No one expected we would, we all knew that we wouldn't be as well prepared as the other teams. Still, I think we had a fair showing.

But the thing is, the thing that will stick with me long after Mock Trial is done is not the actual competition, but hanging out with friends. There are so many good times, quote after quote that can remind me of it. After the competition was over, before we all headed back to Marion from Des Moines, all the families went to Culver's for dinner. The adults sat at one row of tables, the younger siblings sat at one table, and all of the team members (that would be ten, plus two guys from team 1 that came to help out) scrunched together at one table. Of course, we were all still in our suits, but it was a great time. Actually, it was more than just a great time. Honestly, I had a ridiculous amount of fun there. I guess I hadn't really done that before, hang out with friends at a restaurant. When I think about it, if I was given the choice of either going to State and competing, or just hanging out at Culver's, I would of picked Culver's.

Then, we had a party at the homeschool just last week. Looking back, it was ridiculously fun too. We hung out, ate food, signed each others T-shirts, and had a game of Apples to Apples with fifteen people. Yeah, I said that right, fifteen people. Apples to Apple is the kind of game that is more fun the more people that you have, especially if you have a fun group. And it doesn't take much to see that we had a fun group.

Well, I guess Mock Trial is finally done. Until next year!

4 comments:

  1. Fisrtly, we did not do THAT bad. Secondly, I agree with everything else you said! :) I hadn't really thought about it, but I probably would have chosen to just go hang out at Culver's or the party over going to state too. Haha, YES there are SO many quotes!!!
    "Are you Cole?!?"
    "Can you please read Exhibit 5?"
    "WHERE THE DICKENS IS MY CHICKEN!?!?!?"
    "Sir, I was a Marine sir."
    "Do you have any words you'd like to record for posterity?" "Hey kids! Don't forget the weekly peep show party at my house! It's the reality show that's sweeping Caroll County!"
    Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fisrtly"? That's a new word to me. Is that another quote?

    I don't remember the quote that had to do with chicken, but those certainly were good times :) I can't wait until next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "firstly" :P
    And the chicken quote is Luke, (of course,) at Culver's when Mrs. Carlile was trying to take a picture of all of us, and then Luke started spazzing out because he thought someone stole his chicken. :)
    Hope that helps you remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times.... :D I'm going to miss them.

    ReplyDelete