Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ice Cream

I don't really like ice cream. It's an odd thing to say, due to the fact that it seems like at least half of our nation's youth are addicted to the stuff, I'm simply meh about it. Just what is the thing about ice cream that is actually delicious? What logical argument can someone give?

I don't hate ice cream, I just don't adore it. With one exception, if it is soft ice cream (like from Dairy Queen), that's okay, but still, not fantastic. But hard ice cream, I just don't have any joy in eating it. It's cold, sure, but a glass of water could help keep you cool. And although some types have nice flavors, most of them you can't even taste.

That being said, I like the toppings that can be put on ice cream. Chocolate sauce, sprinkles, oreo bits, chocolate chips, it's all good stuff. I actually prefer just eating the toppings without the ice cream (although whenever this is done in public, I usually get a strange look or two).

Maybe part of it is that terrible feeling when the cold ice cream accidentally hits your teeth, instead of your tongue. Just thinking about it makes me shudder in pain.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting...but I gotta say, I don't think you need a "logical argument" to prove whether you should like ice cream or not. It's ok to not have an argument for everything. But good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, of course not. If someone likes ice cream, they don't need to prove it. I was just wondering why people liked it.

    And what's wrong with wanting an argument for everything? Oh wait, you think I'm too argumentative...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you meant that if you liked ice cream you had to prove that it was good or something. And I like it because it's delicious. :)

    I just think that it's ok to just let things be and not have to have an argument for them all the time. But it's good to be able to have an argument for some things. :)

    ReplyDelete