Saturday, April 23, 2011

Paperclip Films

A Youtube channel that I have been enjoying lately is PaperclipFilms. There are three guys work together to make the videos: Jon Mullen, and Gary and Grant Gasse. The videos that they end up making are of very high quality, and best of all, they are hilarious. Although for the most part unknown, they recently got a (must deserved) Youtube partnership. Some of you might be familiar with the videos that first somewhat thrust them into the public's eye: The Anti-Social videos. This particular series of videos shows a (saw that coming) anti social homeschooler that (Gasp!) got an IM from a (Gasp!) girl. This of course, was in parody, because they were homeschoolers at the time. Sadly, because of there Youtube partnership, Paperclip Films had to take the videos off of there channel (they can still be found here http://vimeo.com/20795077).

Some of there videos are better than others. For example, I adore the video "Jim's Brain" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBPrF6M-ibo). It's the kind of video that you can watch over and over again and still laugh like a lunatic. Yet, a video like "A Slap in the Face" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wwoqxaBtEc) seems like it could be funny for some people, but just not for me. And then there are videos like "Facebook Privacy: A New Approach" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1b7nuo55k8&feature=relmfu) that are funny to everyone.

So, these guys really deserve more attention. If you want to subscribe to a nice, funny, and clean channel, Paperclip Films is for you.

Sorry about the links, they don't seem to be working, so I just gave the address. I'm not really satisfied with this post, it doesn't seem very well written, but I guess that's okay. The thing I'm aiming for in doing one post a day is quantity, not quality, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I'll have to check them out. :)

    And yes, we're going for quantity over quality with these posts. I thought the exact same thing when I was writing my post for today! :O Maybe I am really stealing your thoughts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If so, I might be able to sue. All I have to do is get them copyrighted...

    ReplyDelete