Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perla Vardo: The Ragnarok Chronicles (Part Twelve)

A steel knife slid through the air right next to Perla's shoulder, solidifying itself into the trunk of a nearby tree. "First the old man, now this? Is there anyone who doesn't want to kill us?" though Perla silently, as he turned around to see... Lucy? Again?

"I don't like this Tu, I don't like this one bit" whispered Perla.
"Who are you?" asked Tu. "And why do you look like our friend, Lucy?"
"Who are you?" asked the Lucy in front of them. "That is what I should be asking you. I still have a dagger, after all."
"Any weapon, no matter how powerful, is useless if one does not have the resolution to use it. If you are actually Lucy, you would not turn your hand on us."


Lucy's hand quivered, ever so slightly. "That still does not mean you are the real Tu. This all seems like a dream, and you don't seem to act like the Tu I knew."
"Lucy," Tu began, "Times change us all. After Ragnarok started it was necessary for me to..."

"What do you mean 'Ragnarok'? What are you talking about?"
"Hah!" snorted Tu. "As if you could forget! The cataclysm that has torn apart this land, and killed so many of our friends. Including you, twice!"

Lucy seemed terribly confused, so Tu sat down, with his eyes ever on the knife she loosely held in her left hand, and recounted the story of Ragnarok.

"This is so strange, Tu." said Lucy. "I mean, I remember a big earthquake, but when I exited the house I saw some sort of monster. I tried to kick it but, it hit me. I was certain that it was a fatal blow, but apparently not, right? I had some sort of vision; a strange dream, and I found myself here with two strangely carved daggers in my hands. I'm sorry for attacking you, this still all felt like a dream, and I wanted answers badly."
Perla spoke up, for the first time entering the conversation. "Lucy, do you believe us now, that we are who we say we are?"
"Yes Perla, yes I do. I'm still oddly mystified by the talk of myself doing all those things that you speak of, though. I have absolutely no recollection of any of it. Some type of memory loss, perhaps?"
"Perhaps Lucy, perhaps." Tu answered "For now, we all need a rest"

All of the group (including Radunk, with quite a bit of difficulty) settled in the rooftops for the night. Blissful dreams all around.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment