Saturday, May 28, 2011

Spell Check

Once again doing two posts today to make up for tomorrow.

I couldn't fun function without spell check. It's one of those things, like copy and pasting, that makes writing so much easier.

Actually, after first writing it, most of my posts are filled to the brim with spelling errors. You wouldn't believe how bad it is. Luckily, I have this shiny red line that goes underneath all those misspelled words, allowing me to see what they really look like :)

One of the reasons that I like writing on the computer more than on paper, is spell check. It makes me a lazier writer, but I think it is best overall. If after looking over a rough draft of anything, I would no doubt be discouraged by the abundance of errors. Still, there are some words that I haven't even bothered to remember to spell correctly because I know that spell check will catch it, and fixing it will only take a second or two.

Sometimes spell check doesn't always work fantastic, though. I don't know if it changes with browser, but mine occasionally has trouble identifying the word that should replace the misspelled word. At times like these, I've actually found that the search engine google's spell check has better accuracy, even if it only shows one alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment