Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MineCraft


Back on the weekend from camp, and trying to write seven blog posts in a sleep depriven state. So, of course, I play Minecraft. Minecraft, if you haven't heard of it before (which is unlikely), is a sandbox/adventure game. Like most people, I started playing Minecraft on the free version. I appreciated the sandbox style of being able to build whatever one desired, despite the fact that I lacked the ability to construct magnificent structures.

I enjoyed going on multiplayer servers because I could see other people's buildings. But the things that I built on multiplayer servers were often destroyed by mean players (also known as "griefers").

For awhile I was content with free version, the beta one looking boring and monotonous. Eventually I was convinced to shell out twenty dollars and buy the beta version. At first I had a great time, but after a few days I got bored. Thus, my interest never took off with single player of beta.

However, what otherwise would have been a drab and depressing story, didn't end on a sad note. Unbeknownst to myself, some friends of mine had started a multiplayer server for the beta version. All the things I liked about single player of the beta version melded with the multiplayer mode from the free version. I didn't have to worry about people wrecking my buildings, because all of the people that go on the server have to know my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment