Saturday, June 4, 2011

National Novel Writers Month


This year, I will be taking part in National Novel Writers Month, often abbreviated to NaNoWriMo. In the month of November, budding authors from all around the country attempt to write a novel of 50,000 words or more in thirty days. This would be roughly 1,600 words per day. It is at times like these that I rejoice for this blogging competition. It has hopefully prepared me for this task.

Actually, it might not be too difficult. Those are famous last words, I know, but I just think how little time I actually put into blogging. One of the purposes of NaNoWriMo is to not put as much thought into quality as one would otherwise. Like the last few days writing Perla Vardo, in which I usually quickly wrote as much as I could in about 30 minutes, I can try to experiment with my writing style; takign risks all along the way.

I have a story in my head that seems like it will work, but I will try to not make the plot as confusing as in Perla Vardo. Not that I don't like plots like that, it's just that I will be having enough trouble as it is. I don't think that I could weave a complicated plots with things as confusing as time travel in a story where I have to write as much as I can as fast as I can.

Well, wish me (and Ryan too, he is participating as well) luck in November! I'm quite excited :)

1 comment: