Friday, June 3, 2011

Perla Vardo: The Ragnarok Chronicles (Part Fifteen)

The Perla clone kept up his barrage of verbiage; talking for several days and nights, forcing Perla and the others to take occasional naps. Finally, the last word was said, the last point made, and everyone had a through understanding of quantum mechanics. Apparently he got the go ahead from the author to stop sticking filler material in; the plot was ready.

"We're doing the scene where the bad guy reveals his evil plot only for the hero to stop him at the the last minute? Okay. I have to tell you ahead of time, you won't stop me. Why? Because you aren't the hero of this story. That's a new thought, eh? Because you are in reality me, the villain. Yes Perla, we are one and the same toy. It's complica..."
Perla rudely interrupted "That's a bold face lie. You're just trying to trick me. Were you behind all of the confusion with Lucy too?"
"Why don't you ask her yourself?"
"What are you talki..."
"Perla." said Lucy, stepping in from a side room.

Perla retreated back a few steps, his composure shaken. "W-what are you doing here, Lucy?"
She went slowly went forward a step. "I didn't want it to end like this, I honestly didn't."

"Fake me, what did you do to her?"
"I assure you that I am not in anyway fake. Actually, if anyone here is fake, it would be you."
"Just tell me!"
"Alright, alright. Absolutely nothing. She's just a little annoyed to know that you caused the death of all of her friends."
"But I didn't..."
"Actually, you did. Do I need to explain it all? Alright. Even for me, this might be long, so you might want to make pop some popcorn, it's over by the shelf by the way, as a snack. Promise no interrupting? Okay. I made as a handmade toy for a little british child named Billy. My theory is that the mother put so much work into making me that a tiny bit of pure energy was trapped inside my body, giving me life. I don't have any scientific data that this is where the energy came from, but it is my theory nonetheless. Upon gaining conciseness, life, I left by the window, never to return again. I didn't kill them then, although I had the will power and lack of moral values to be a mass murderer, I refrained, although I'm sure it cost me plenty of potential joy. I didn't want to make enemies when I was so new to my surroundings, you see. After a few long and arduous years, through much manipulation and intrigue, myself and a devoted band of followers conquered the earth. Having the populace in constant fear of me was nice, as was the luxury that the position of dictator-for-life entails, but it got quite boring after awhile. Then I ordered my scientists to... Oh, look at the time! You know what this means, right? Guards!"

A legion of battle hardened humans with automatic weaponry charged in from all directions.

"You see other me, I think that it will be quite amusing if my guards kill you right now, before I explain how and why we all came to be here. I hope you have plenty of anguish. Have fun everyone!"

The humans stepped forward, towering over the little toys.

"This will be fun." said the evil Perla as he sat down on his throne, a malevolent smile of pure joy on his face.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment