Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thor

If you pay attention to all three of us bloggers (Abby, Ryan, and myself), you would realize that we have been known to write on the same subjects (remember my post about rain?). It's not like we are copying from the others, there is often a new spin on the subject, or we disagree with each other.

If I was actually good at reviewing movies, I would probably mention a little background information about Thor, like how he is the god of thunder, he's a superhero, was sent to Earth, blah, blah, blah. But I won't, because I'm lazy.

I was actually quite disappointed with Thor. I had read mixed reviews, but I figured that there would at least be enough action to keep me into the movie. Turns out, not so much. First of all, Thor only has his magical hammer, Mjolnir, for half of the movie. And even when he had the hammer, the fighting wasn't as intense as I would have preferred.

As for the rest of his superpowers, they were really dumbed down. I'm not too familiar with the comic book hero Thor, bit it was obvious that quite a few of his superpowers were not featured in the movie.

You might think that even though the action wasn't fantastic, it must have been made up in other ways. Sadly, this isn't true. The characters never really developed. If any character besides Thor suddenly died, we wouldn't be wracked with grief, we would be apathetic.

Thor was on Earth for only a day or two, and yet his personality was said to drastically change while he was there. But, he didn't especially interact with the other characters much. It seemed that the relationships between the characters were just really rushed. This might have been alright if they went all of the place and did all sorts of exciting things. But that didn't really happen. To me, it was like they were rushing the story without going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment