Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Twitter


I don't like Twitter. One day I made one, because I was bored and wanted to check something. That done, I abandoned it. Several months later my competition (don't ask me how) found it. I've used it for occasional communication (such as sending a reminder to blog). But I haven't sent a *real* tweet. Mostly because of the characters restriction.

All tweets must be 140 characters or less. That's a few sentences. Without resorting to "text talk" acronyms, it is hard to convey a complex thought. That character restriction is a constant barrier, preventing me from using big words. That reason alone is cause for disliking it.

Not to mention the fact that one's feed can easily get clogged with pointless tweets, while the less frequent, but better thought out tweets from other people are lost in a sea of spam.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know how I found your twitter account. I was just talking to my mom about who she was following and she said that she was following you. It was strange.

    ReplyDelete