Monday, June 13, 2011

Swimming


Along with playing chess, one of my favorite things to do in the summer is to swim in my family's above-ground pool. I've always enjoyed water, it is one of the few ways I get exercise these days.

Just thinking back, I've had a lot of fun in my pool. Although of course swimming laps was common place, in addition there was so many other games. Like convincing everyone in the pool to swim in one direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise). Provided that enough people did it, a makeshift whirlpool could be made.

Another pool staple was water guns of all shapes and sizes. When we were younger, small water pistols sufficed just nicely. As me and my brother got older, gigantic super soakers were used. Of course, old fashioned splashing was never a bad idea.

One more post to do and only a few minutes before I leave to go back to camp. Let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment