Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anime Iowa: Day Two

Another day of Anime Iowa, and yet another day of awesomeness. I had seen the light, and most of the day was spent in the video game room, playing yet even more Super Smash Bros Brawl. In fact, I signed up for a Brawl tournament. It was doubly elimination, so after losing my first round I went into the losers bracket. My second round I won, and the my third I lost, putting me out of the tournament. Yet, it was a lot of fun. I was about an intermediate level player, so I couldn't keep up with the very best people, but I was on par with most of the players. But that is when a weird thing happened. Age became meaningless. Suddenly someone five or ten years older than me treated me with the same demeanor as they would someone their own age. That was kind of nice.

And today I went to the dealers room. It was a large room filled with venders offering all sorts of anime-related merchandise. Some things were way overpriced, some other not so much. Excuse me if I don't want to pay twenty dollars for a tee-shirt. Also excuse me if I don't want to buy an eighteen dollar wallet that is made of cheap material, even if It has graphics of Fullmetal Alchemist. The again, some of the manga was reasonably priced, 20% off of the cover price. I think I might buy some on Sunday....

Also, I seem to be somewhat stiff in pictures now. I don't know if my picture was taken too often on Friday, or what. I'll try to be slightly more acceptable to pictures today. Speaking of pictures, we haven't taken many. Apparently me and my sister are to shy to ask people if we can take their picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment