Tuesday, July 12, 2011

People


While in my den of solitude and self-imposed exile from society, I started thinking about people. Homo sapiens. Friends, acquaintances, the inhabitants of this big ball of wax we call home. As you probably know, over the summer I've gotten bored of people. Socially overloaded, one might say. It simply isn't worth the time, energy, and stress I get to deal with them. But when I think about it, I don't recall much of my past few days of solitude. It seemed to pass so quickly. This means that it was either a waste of time that could have been spent doing something productive, or I was having fun. But when I think about previous encounters with people, I remember them so clearly. So would I have more valuable memories if a larger percentage of my time was spent with people?

Despite popular belief, I do have friends. Plenty, in fact. Cool people that I enjoy hanging out with. In fact, many activities (such as the play and Mock Trial) are fun largely because of people.

We've passed the golden years of socializing, I believe. A lot of the current generation is immature, and even though it will be outgrown soon enough they'll get boring when adulthood is reached. Ah, to be a little kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment