Sunday, July 3, 2011

Unabridged Books


All my life I've enjoyed books. But I have recently realized that although I've read many classics (think Robinson Crusoe, Around The World In 80 Days, and The Three Musketeers), most of them have been "specially adapted" abridged books with easier to understand language and a picture every other page. So, I was always under the impression that I had this all down. But, when I read a fully unabridged book like Les Miserables (I'm actually not done yet, but almost), with a gigantic number of pages, deep thoughts, and almost as many semicolons as periods, one has to wonder what they have been missing. Thus, I have decided that this summer, when I'm not being lazy, I think I'll try to rediscover some classics. A favorite of mine among the abridged novels was The Count Of Monte Christo. I'll see if I can find the unabridged version at the library...

3 comments:

  1. You haven't finished Les Miserables?? Get cracking boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've been super busy at camp this month, and before that school. It isn't the kind of book that you speed read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a good point there. :)

    ReplyDelete