Thursday, July 7, 2011

Writing


A lot of my time today has been spent co-authoring a novel with Ryan. Thus I think that it would be prudent to write about writing.

Although I love to write, I dislike doing English books for school. Even though they would only help me be a better writer, it just doesn't do it for me. In fact, because of this, I don't remember many grammatical rules, I usually just write what sounds good. Because I read so much, this usually works, as evidenced by PSAT scores. Still, I am at a disadvantage. For the longest time I didn't know the difference between "a" and "an" so I was usually forced to guess. A few months ago I finally got around to looking it up (turns out "a" is before consonants, and "an" is before vowels). And that is true in so many things as well, I'm sure that Ryan constantly groans at my terrible quotation mark system and lousy semicolon placement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment