Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why I Blog

Blogging started as something to do because I had some time to waste and I was sure that I had new, exciting ideas that the world would be deprived not to know about. When the blogging contest began it was something that would FORCE me to write, whether I felt like it or not. Except for a few isolated occasions, I have been blogging every day since sometime in April. Blogging has been great for me, as I have had a chance to be creative.

 But now it is slightly feeling like a obligation. I plan my day trying to fit in time not to blog, but to think up of ideas that I can blog about. When at the last minute  I finally get an idea I'm usually so out of time I can't give it justice. Yeah, not always a lot of fun. But, it isn't necessarily supposed to be about fun. I write for myself, sure, but now that I have a reader or two I write for others as well.  I suppose that one of these days I'll have to lower my standard for what an acceptable blog post is.

Using it as a vehicle to force me to write is no longer a issue. Partially thanks to the blog I'm now regularly writing every day with Ryan in attempt to co-author a novel in preparation for NaNoWriMo. Still, I don't see how I could concede defeat now. I am of course, a very competitive person. If it is remotely in my power to accomplish my goal, as long as I have motivation, I'm going to do it. I would hate to look back at this competition and see that I gave up when I could have done more. So, I will continue to blog

Yes, I realize that I have repeatedly blogged about blogging. Forgive me.

4 comments:

  1. I ALMOST wrote a post like this tonight...but then inspiration struck :) I'm hoping to go at least 100 days. 20 left! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how dire the situation, I don't see how I could quit before 100 either. Actually, I can see myself going on for a very long time, although I would (probably) have to stop in November because of NaNoWriMo.

    That's assuming that at some point I don't explode due to a lack of ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear! Blogging is suppose to be your own space to be creative and voice your opinion. Isn't it satisfying when you spend time to write a post and a reader comments? I personally love it! I recently launched www.whyiblog.com for bloggers to share their story and read about other bloggers. I would love to hear what you have to say & I hope you continue blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a suspicious feeling that that was a pre-written message quickly copy and pasted after a google search to advertise for a site...

    ReplyDelete