Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Search Engines


Search engines: The tools that help make navigating the vast interwebs possible. As most people are these days, my search engine of choice is Google. It finds what a need in a simple and easy to read format. Not to mention that I adore Google's other ventures, such as Gmail and Google Chrome. But recently I've tried to get into the habit of using GoodSearch. This engine, powered by Yahoo, has a great concept: for every search you make, GoodSearch donates half of the revenue made by the search (approximately a penny) to the charity of your choice. The charity that I chose is the "Office of Letters and Light", the non-profit organization that runs the National Novel Writers Month (NaNoWriMo) website. Okay, a good cause, but not quite feeding starving orphans in Africa. Okay, I'm sorry. I want to help them out, but I'm too stingy to make a donation. So I use a search engine instead. Sadly, because of the fact it is powered by Yahoo, it is very annoying to do searches. Which means occasionally I waste time switching to Google and then switching back....

1 comment: