Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks


Due to the fact that today is the fourth of July, I went to see the Independence Day fireworks. Although it was just in a small town, they were actually quite decent fireworks, and it was an enjoyable experience.

It got me thinking about fireworks. They were of invented in 7th century China, originally intended to scare off evil spirits. Since then they have become a staple at all sorts of celebrations, especially the Fourth of July.

Hearing them go off with a terrific "bang", seeing the vibrant colours that emerge from the rocket, fireworks are great to watch. But one can not help while watching fireworks wonder if it is worth it. Fireworks are expensive, and it is literally money going up in smoke. Eh, I guess other people think so, and until they start thinking otherwise I'll enjoy it :D

When I remembered that it was the Fourth of July, I intended to give some good-natured bashing to the U.S.A. (because I'm Canadian). Instead, I settled for this. I hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Canadian joke on the Fourth of July? WIN.

    ReplyDelete