Thursday, July 28, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination. Terrible thing. It is the reason that I have 15 minutes left to write up a post for today. Awesome. Not to mention that I SHOULD be getting my sleep, I'm going to an Anime convention tomorrow. But that will be the topic of tomorrows blog. Anyway, procrastination. Waiting to do a task, just because you lack the will power to gain the motivation to simply do it right away. We are all guilty of this, and much of our work suffers as a result. And often, procrastination means that great things never happen at all. Because we either stop part way through, or we never begin in the first place.

I'm looking around my room right now, looking at all the things that I never finished. A tiny nine centimeter volcano is on a shelf. It is white, some sort of plaster. I got it many, many years ago, but I never got around to painting it. I think it was a baking soda and vanilla volcanoes.  It stands as a stark reminder of what I have procrastinated with.

And in my closet, a board game called Elemento that I got for Christmas one year. I got it a few years back when I was really into chemistry. I still enjoy it, as a matter of a fact. Might end up being my profession one day. Anyway, I never got around to playing this game. Oh sure, I would open up the box and read the instructions. But actually open the plastic bags and play it? No.

Perhaps when I am older and hopefully more mature (haha), I will learn to gain the incentive to do things without loads of motivation. Perhaps I won't see things like that volcano or Elemento again. Is it possible that I will outgrow this? Maybe. Maybe I'm outgrowing it right now. After all, I've been blogging, right? But what about when that stops? I should probably wrap this up now, I only have one (!)  minute left...

No comments:

Post a Comment